To all our valued members,
In light of the huge concerns regarding the Coronavirus pandemic I want to take this moment to share with you the measures we are taking to ensure Aspire continues to provide a safe and healthy environment for work and exercise.
- We insist that anybody who is not feeling well to not enter the building. If any users are displaying obvious signs of illness, they will be immediately told to remove themselves from the building. Anybody who has recently arrived in New Zealand from overseas will not be permitted inside the building until they have completed the full two weeks stand down period.
- The commercial cleaners who come in after hours each night have stepped up their efforts and are using extra heavy – duty cleaning sanitisers and devoting more time to ensure the bathrooms/changing rooms, pool area and sauna are scrubbed, doused, and sterilised using a spray on solution that effectively blankets this complete space.
- We have a powerful air exchange system at Aspire that ensures the air inside the building is completely refreshed and replaced approximately every 30 minutes.
- Aspire staff have stepped up a rigorous equipment cleaning schedule using a hospital grade antibacterial sanitiser to ensure objects in the gym that are touched regularly such as handles, taps, bars, benches and screens are continually being wiped down and sanitised.
- We have positioned hand sanitisers throughout the building and request that all club users make regular use of these. We also request that all users wash their hands with this solution, as they first enter the building.
- We have antibacterial cloths and antibacterial spray for members to use and request that they wipe down equipment after use. These cloths are continually being refreshed and we have disposable gym wipes on back order and these will be provided as soon as they become available.
- Aspire is a spacious facility and we request that all users make good use of this by maintaining a comfortable space from other users and continue to practice good personal hygiene.
As the Clubs CEO I wish to advise we are monitoring this evolving situation very closely and will continue to follow and implement the guidelines and recommendations from The Ministry of Health.